A Free pick up service is available to all our customers who pay 12 weeks upfront for a 100 Sqft unit or larger (including our half price deals) within a 10 mile distance of the store you have booked into. Free pick ups are offered subject to availability and are for the date your licence agreement commences only.
For the Free Pick Up service with Store First Brierfield, click here.
The distance is calculated using the chosen Store First postcode and the collection post code on the ‘directions-shortest route’ on google maps. We may, on occasion, be able to assist with slightly longer journeys, please call your local Store First for an individual quote.
A deposit of £10 is payable for all pick up bookings.
The customer, or a person previously designated in writing by the customer, must be present for the collection of goods, to load the goods into the vehicle and sign the Free Pickup Form as appropriate.
The customer (or designated person) must meet our vehicle on return to the depot to unload goods into the storage unit and to complete the Free Pickup Form.
If the Customer (or designated person) is not present to unload the vehicle within a reasonable time period then your goods may be unloaded and Store First will take no responsibility for any damage or loss incurred.
An arrival time slot will be allocated to the customer once booked. Please note, traffic may have an effect on our booked arrival time, but we will make every effort to advise customers of material delays.
Free pick up covers (excluding travel time):
- Two hours for storage units up to and including 150 sqft
- Three hours for storage units over 150 sqft
We recommend the customer supply at least two able bodied persons to load and unload the van and also load the goods into the storage unit.
We recommend at least three able bodied people be supplied by the customer to assist with units 150 Sqft or larger.
£30 per hour (or part thereof in 15 minute intervals) may be charged if the allocated pick up time is exceeded to load/unload the van.
If items are not ready for collection or appropriate people are not at the property to load the van, the pick-up will have to be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
Customers should ensure that all domestic and garden appliances, including but not limited to washing machines, fridges, freezers and dish washers are empty, clean and dry and have no residual fluid left in them.
It is the customer’s responsibility to pay for any parking or meter charges incurred by us in carrying out the collection of goods.
The driver and customer will sign a Free Pickup Form to verify times and the condition of the items moved. Store First will process any further charges incurred once the goods have been stored.
Customers may cancel any free pick-ups with a minimum 48 hours’ notice. Failure to cancel or be present when Store First’s driver arrives at the property will incur a charge of £10, to be deducted from the deposit paid at the point of booking.
Please note that this service is not available at Glasgow Store First.
This is a “van and driver service” and not a full removal service.
We will identify and note on the form when we feel there is a possibility that goods being transported may be damaged eg boxes containing unprotected glassware, delicate surfaces which are unprotected, or any fragile items which have not been sufficiently packed for transport. You will be asked to sign the Free Pickup form as a disclaimer that any damage caused will not be our liability in this instance.
We do not allow the collection or storage of:
- Prohibited or stolen goods
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- food or perishable goods unless securely packed and airtight so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin;
- birds, fish, animals or any other creatures, either living or dead;
- combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, vehicle tyres, oil or cleaning solvents;
- firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition;
- chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents;
- toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature;
- any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour;
- any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained, including counterfeit goods, illicit (smuggled/counterfeit) tobacco, illicit alcohol, unlicensed medicines, unsafe goods (including toys, electrical items, cosmetics, fireworks);
Ownership of the goods. By entering into this service you confirm to us that:
- The goods to be removed are your own property, or
- You have the authority of the owner of the property in respect of the goods to be removed and stored.
- You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs if the above proves to be untrue.
Our liability for loss or damage:
- In the event of our losing or damaging your items or property, we will pay for the reasonable costs of the repair or replacement (less wear and tear) of the items if we have been negligent, up to the total value of all items being £15,000.
- In the event of a total or partial loss or damage to your items, we will not be liable for the following:
- ‘New for old’ replacement value for lost or damaged items.
- Any loss or damage which is not caused by us.
- Any unforeseeable additional costs you might incur as a result of loss of a particular item.
- If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property, you must note this on the Free Pickup Form as soon as practically possible after the damage occurs or is discovered, or in any event before the form is signed.
- We shall only be liable for damage to premises/or items caused by our negligence.
- Any damages to premises/or items must be noted on the Free Collection Form prior to signature.
- Any claims for loss or damage to your items or property not noted on the Free Pickup Form prior to signature will not be considered.